The school day starts from 8.30am in the morning and ends at 3.00pm, detentions are also conducted at the end of the school day for half an hour only. Other activities and clubs available after school for students, please visit our Extra Curricular section to find out more. Below is the day structure for all students across year groups.
|Start of School
|End of School
Snow Plan: Advice for Parents and Students
- If you arrive by 8.30am go straight to your form room when the bell sounds.
- Normal sign in procedures for those students arriving late.
- If your Form Tutor has not arrived, wait by the room until another member of staff arrives to take registration and give you instructions.
- At break time you can choose to go to the dining room, the hall or stay in your base area. All other areas of the school grounds are out of bounds.
- If the school has to close because of extreme conditions, you will be dismissed by your Form Tutor or Head of Year and you will be given a letter to take home to your parents.
- Parents will have been notified of this closure by way of a text message, plus a message posted on the school website.
- In the event of a school closure announced during the morning, best efforts will be made to ensure those students entitled to a free school meal are provided with a sandwich and a drink as a minimum.
If conditions are bad the following morning and school remains closed, please listen to the one of the following radio stations from 7.00am:
- Key 103
- Capital Radio
- BBC Radio Manchester
If there is no broadcast the school will be open as normal. Please familiarise yourself with the procedures outlined above to make sure that everyone can stay safe and free from injury.