Mrs J Wildbure
|Mrs E Bone
|Mr K Cope
|Mr Z Hussain
|Mrs J Messenger
|Mrs S Riaz
|Mrs V Slater
|Mrs N Wilson
|Mr C Young
|Mrs E Prescott (Tech)
To know, love and serve God through the awe and wonder of the universe.
- To progress pupil knowledge of science through high quality teaching.
- To equip leaners with the skills needed to have a career in science.
- To help pupils make decisions throughout their life regarding scientific issues that may affect them, society and the world as a whole.
- To meet national expectations in public examinations.
- We aim to ensure that our high prior attaining pupils make even more progress.
Year 7 Curriculum:
- Cells and organs
- Solids, liquids, gases.
- Separation techniques
- Acids and alkalis
- Energy transfers
Year 8 Curriculum:
- Skeletal system
- Atoms, elements and compounds
- Periodic table
- Materials from the Earth
- Plastics and their problems
- Hooke's law
- Earth and space
Year 9,10 and 11 Curriculum:
- GCSE Pearson combined science for the majority of pupils.
- Pupils who are enthusiastic and keen learners in science can chose triple science as an option at the end of year 8.
- GCSE science courses are 100% exam based.
- Specifications are available to download from this link: GCSE Science Specifications
- The department uses both Tassomai and Seneca learning as online platforms to assist learning.