The following advice outlines the procedures to follow if snow or other weather conditions prevent school from opening or force us to close during the course of the school day. In all instances, the website homepage will be updated to announce the closure.
Arriving at school on a snow day:
• If you arrive by 8.30am go straight to your form room when the bell sounds.
• Normal sign in procedures for those students arriving late.
• If your Form Tutor has not arrived, wait by the room until another member of staff arrives to take registration and give you instructions.
• At break time you can choose to go to the dining room, the hall or stay in your base area. All other areas of the school grounds are out of bounds.
• If the school has to close because of extreme conditions, you will be dismissed by your Form Tutor or Head of Year and you will be given a letter to take home to your parents.
• Parents will have been notified of this closure by way of a text message, plus a message posted on the school website, Twitter and Facebook.
• In the event of a school closure announced during the morning, best efforts will be made to ensure those students entitled to a free school meal are provided with a sandwich and a drink as a minimum.
If conditions are bad the following morning and school remains closed, we will alert the following radio stations who will provide updates from 7am-10am:
• Hits Radio
• Capital Radio
• BBC Radio Manchester
NB: If there is no broadcast the school will be open as normal. The message that school remains closed will also be on our website and posted to Twitter and Facebook. Please familiarise yourself with the procedures outlined above to make sure that everyone can stay safe and free from injury.
On the day school closure
In the event that we are unable to open the school in the morning due to heavy snow or adverse weather conditions you will be notified via text message and a notification will appear on the website and social media feeds. The local radio stations listed above will also have school closure updates from 7am.