At Our Lady’s RC High School, we are aware that the transition from primary to secondary school can be challenging for both parents and students. Through close liaison with students, parents and our partner schools, we ensure the transition is as straightforward and smooth as possible. We organise a variety of events and visits which are outlined below.
Our annual 2020 Open Evening was on Thursday 24 September 2020 and we offered Open Mornings for students (hoping to join us in September 2021) and their families during September and October.
You can find out all about the transition programme and activities offered at Our Lady's by clicking on the following link.
10 REASONS TO CHOOSE OUR LADY’S RC HIGH SCHOOL
1. A ‘good’ school where an outstanding Catholic ethos underpins our work providing a high quality education in a caring environment.
2. An inclusive school where your child will be valued for their individual ability, social, ethnic and faith background.
3. A school that has high expectations and aspirations and where the best is expected of, and for, every member of the community.
4. A caring school where every child matters & considerable support is available to ensure students feel safe and can make good progress.
5. A diverse community where your child will be welcomed and their culture, ethnicity and faith celebrated.
6. A school which is leading education in the local area and has a demonstrable strong trend of improving standards of attainment through a high quality curriculum.
7. A strong sense of community cohesion and partnership working.
9. An excellent transition programme from primary school to Our Lady’s prepares students for life at secondary school.
10. Our brand new purpose built outside learning area (Forest School) provides outstanding facilities for all members of our teaching & learning community to experience teaching and learning outside.
You can watch our school tour video, presented by our senior prefect team, by clicking the following link.
Our faculty and staff are committed to creating a stimulating environment that supports the continuous improvement, growth, and achievement of every student. Our curriculum pages offer an insight into each faculty and the subjects studied at Our Lady's.
Our students and parents will tell you there is something very special about a Catholic education. Home to a collaborative, supportive, diverse, and an ever-growing community, Our Lady’s RC High School utilises hands-on, innovative teaching methods which support the ambitious goals of our students.
Our staff are committed to creating a stimulating environment that supports the continuous improvement, growth, and achievement of every student. Our Lady’s teachers are experts in their fields and are invested in their students’ success. The personal attention students receive nurtures lifelong learners who are fully prepared for leadership in the 21st century.
With an Our Lady’s education, our graduates are prepared to thrive at colleges and universities, and to lead lives as global change-makers. Come and see for yourself, take a tour, meet our students and teachers and learn why Our Lady’s RC High School is so special.
We are Our Lady’s RC High School where a culture of success brings out the best in all of us. Our focus on transition and ensuring that the teaching and learning process from primary to secondary is smooth and engaging give students the best possible start in our school
What our parents say:
Our parents tell us there is something very special about an Our Lady’s education. Home to a collaborative, supportive, diverse, and ever-growing community, Our Lady’s RC High School utilises hands-on, innovative teaching methods which support the ambitious goals of our students.
What our students say:
With students from diverse communities, Our Lady’s community fosters a welcoming environment where global connections and friendships are the norm, where students develop an understanding of other cultures, making them true citizens of the world.
Our Lady’s RC High School is proudly accredited with Eco-schools Bronze Award, Healthy Schools Silver Award, Investors in People Silver Award, Sport England. Youth Sport Trust.
If you would like to tour the school you would be more than welcome to visit. Individual tours can be arranged by contacting Miss S Royle (PA to Head teacher) on 0161 507 9670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org