Equality & Diversity
Our Lady’s is committed to ensuring and developing an environment that prioritises, champions and celebrates diversity and equality. We do this by:
- Promoting equality and inclusion
- Promoting an environment of diversity and equality through a carefully considered curriculum
- Challenging inappropriate language or behaviour
- Tackling bias or stereotyping
- Responding appropriately to incidents of discrimination
- Regarding people of all faiths, races and cultures with equal respect
The Halo Code at Our Lady's
We are proud to announce our part in the Halo Collective and that our school policies support the Halo Code.
Our school champions the right of students and staff to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black community’s racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
We celebrate Afro-textured hair worn in all styles including, but not limited to, afros, locs, twists, braids, cornrows, fades, hair straightened through the application of heat or chemicals, weaves, wigs, headscarves, and wraps.
In this school, we recognise and celebrate our community’s identities. We are a community built on an ethos of equality and respect where hair texture and style have no bearing on a child or staff member’s ability to succeed.
You can find our Equality Policy on our school policies page.